From 10th to 17th April 2018 the HL 3A spent a wonderful week in Dublin together with their two teachers Mrs. Barbara Fischer and Mrs. Isabella Tiefenbacher. We did not only see a quite a lot of sights in Dublin, but also went to Connemara and Galway on the west coast of Ireland. Moreover, we had the chance to visit Cong, a lovely village which was the setting of the movie “A Quiet Man” featuring John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara.
In Dublin we had lessons in the morning and in the afternoon we spent some time discovering many interesting sights:
- The Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship
- Dublinia – The Viking Experience
- Trinity College
- The Spire, which turned out to be a perfect meeting point
- The GPO – the General Post Office
- The Molly Malone Statue – touching her breasts is supposed to bring good luck
- Malahide Castle
We also made a trip to Kilkenny and Glendalough.
We really enjoyed the week in Dublin, although the weather sometimes was quite cold and rainy.